Monday, January 23, 2012

I've realized I'm a southern boy

The south is something special, ha.  I've realized that I'm a southern boy since being on my mission.  You may be surprised to know that country music is actually really popular here in Ghana.  I hear it sometimes when walking around and I've realized I actually love myself some country music, ha.  I'll catch  myself singing old country songs like "don't take the girl" (not sure if you know what song I am talking about, haha), Lady Antebellum, The Band Perry, Rascal Flatts, all of that stuff.  Yea, I don't know if I want to move out west or not...

We received a tender mercy from the Lord, we will be able to have E's baptism on the 4th right before transfers.  He is very excited!  He's already a missionary, he is always telling his friends the truth about the church and the BOM because there are a lot of weird rumors and slander about the church (you know how that is) for some reason.  He is doing great though and he doesn't care what any of his old church friends, or anyone else thinks.  He's found the truth and he is acting on it, and it is such an inspiration to us.
So, he's the only one entering the waters this time, but the Lord has told us "And if it be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!"  It is very true, I'd rather have 1 quality than 10 that will fall apostate in a month.

Everything is swell as always, the work is moving along, time is somehow always fast spent.  It's crazy how fast this month has gone by.  I'll be home before I know it.  I've thought about that a lot lately, not that I'm home sick because I'm really not (sorry, ha) but what I'm going to do once the mission is over.  I feel like maybe the military isn't the path I should follow.  Everything happens for a reason and our steps are always guided and that is what has me questioning.  Did I get hurt for that particular reason??  I don't know.  I have been thinking about school a lot lately though.

Yea, I got a letter from Sister Climer!  Letters are good so I am always excited when I see one for me, ha. Thanks and keep em coming...

Well, that was my week in a nutshell.  A lot of pondering...

Anyway, until next week, have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.