Monday, May 21, 2012

We Got Rained On Hard!

Sounds like Sunday was a spiritual feast!  Obedience is a topic that is very dear to me, although it is a lot of hard work to be EXACTLY OBEDIENT, but with real intent and real effort those promised blessings will surely come.  Let us remember that D&C 130:20-21 tells us that obedience is the first law of Heaven, and when we obtain any blessing from God it is by obedience to that law on which it is predicated.
Moses also learned a little something about EXACT OBEDIENCE in Numbers 20:7-12.  Because Moses wasn't EXACTLY OBEDIENT and did as the Lord instructed on his own terms, he was not able to bring the children of Israel into the promised land.  The next Prophet, Joshua would be the one to do that.
There are so many great lessons to be learned in the scriptures, but we can especially learn from the mistakes of those passed, so that history doesn't repeat itself in us, ha ha.

Well, let me fill you in on my week!

Last Monday, I had the pleasure of indulging in the most delicious barbecue chicken pizza ever!  Well, probably not the best, but it was divine as far as pizza in Ghana goes.

We had a pretty good week as far as teaching, however, Friday we got rained on hard! We were soaked after less than one minute, and as we were running back to the apartment (which was somehow far) I couldn't see too well through my glasses and ran into a clothes line, ha!  It sent my glasses flying off and scratched my eyelid a little.  I was scrambling to find my glasses and then some really friendly Ghanaian's helped me find them, which was tight.

Sunday we had Stake Conference, which I was privileged to attend once again.  Next time I for sure won't be in the same area.  It was a nice conference, and one of my converts, E, received the Melchizedek Priesthood.

Today, my zone went to Elmina Castle and took a tour there.  It was really neat, but you feel a sort of sorrowful spirit in a few points throughout the castle.  It's truly terrible what those people endured.  You should look up a book called Ghana: A portrait by Max Milligan.  It's a pretty tight book one of the AP's bought.  You'll like it!  I wouldn't mind having it on my coffee table one day.  Good birthday present (hint, hint, mom...ha ha)

So, my week was full of excitement.  For now, my time is up, but next Monday is right around the corner isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.