Monday, June 25, 2012

What Was I Thinking???

Well, it's still me and Elder Obot.  Everything is as good as it can be.  I know he's what I needed at this point of my mission and I've learned a lot about myself from this experience.  I'm grateful for that, because if you aren't learning to develop and exercise some of those key Christ like attributes you're pretty much just wasting two years.
In the words of D&C 122:7 "all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good."

The baptism Saturday was great.  S is so cool and I like him a lot.  When I actually do end up leaving Nkanfoa, I'm going to miss everyone so much.  Transfers are a little overrated I'm sure, ha!  Elder Obot was the Baptist and that was cool as well.  I don't know what I'm going to do for the month of July.  As much as I like Nkanfoa, I feel like I've done as much as I can, you know?  I've talked to just about everyone it seems, ha.  But it will work out just fine.  I really will need out this next transfer though.

I had a first this week.  I might as well just come out with it, huh?  This week I think I managed to do the unimaginable.  I mean I hit a real low by American standards.  I don't know what I was thinking, I don't know what came over me.  But Sunday I managed to...oh how should I say this?

I ATE DOG MEAT!!!!

No joke, ha.  I can now say that I've ingested a belly full of dog.  And the crazier part is that it was delicious! ha.  Anyone reading my blog is going to think I've gone insane, ha.  It tastes just like a roast, I was so surprised.  If I prepared some dog for you and didn't tell you what it was, you would think you were eating a sweet roast.

You're probably wondering how I managed to taste some, right?  It's funny actually.  One of my zone leaders is Ghanaian and enjoys dog meat (a lot of Ghanaian's eat it, even my trainer loves it).  So he bought a dog and killed it, cooked a good amount of the meat and gave it to my apartment mates, Elder Eldredge and Elder Hansen.  So they got the meat and invited me to partake as well, and the rest is history.  So when I go home and hear jokes about how Asians eat dogs, I'll just laugh and laugh!

Well, I'm sure you weren't expecting that.  My apologies to Ollie and friends.  I still love my dogs, it's just one of those "when in Rome" situations, ha.

Well, that's really all I have to say this week, ha.  Talk to you in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.