Monday, September 10, 2012

Is That A Knife In Your Pocket?

I apologize for my absence last week, ha.  We had a very, very busy p-day and weren't able to make it out to Takoradi.  I DID get the packages, I appreciate and love EVERYTHING.  I am going to love food when I get home, I eat and love everything now, ha.

Last Monday we went out to this island.  That was pretty sweet, I must admit.  That's the reason I couldn't e-mail, the distance was far and we got back late.

Well, I had an interesting week, ha.

Something crazy happened, well it was crazy to me.  My companion and I are walking to an appointment and some really shady guy is following us pretty quickly.  My companion keeps looking back, so I turn around and catch eyes with the guy following us.  He looked pretty crazy and just keeps smiling at us, but I didn't mind it.  My companion just keeps looking back and starts walking faster, then says to me "he's got a knife!"  So I look back again and the guy is holding a knife in his hoodie pocket, just laughing creepily towards us. So I just run off to the side of the road and my companion runs off as well.  Now it's really not all that funny, because maybe he wanted to kill us.  But angels are truly protecting us.

Our week was really good.  We had a TON of member presence this week, which was tight.  We're expecting a couple baptisms this next week, and the week after that.  So I'm looking forward to that.  All in all, everything is going very well.

Tomorrow, we'll be going to Cape Coast for a mission conference.  All of the missionaries in the mission will be meeting up for some instructions, etc.  It's going to be pretty sweet, because I haven't seen some people for a long, long time.  Some of my Mt's I've only seen maybe twice my whole mission.

I did receive the letter from the Haines'.  On my birthday, actually.  I was surprised when I got it, I was like "I don't recognize this families name," ha.  I appreciate it a lot, though.  So you enjoyed the Chapati, huh mom?

I've been enjoying all of those talks you guys sent .  John Bytheway has a lot of really good firesides and such.

Well I think that is all I really have to say, ha!

The big year mark is coming up, can you believe it?

Take care and enjoy your days.  Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.