Monday, September 24, 2012

The Lord Is Aware...

This week was just your regular, run of the mill missionary week, ha.  We had a health meeting with the Area Doctor, Elder Fife and his wife Sister Fife. They are way cool.  Elder Fife left his practice to come out here to West Africa for some years, but they finish next month.

We had 2 Baptisms on Saturday and hopefully more will follow suit soon.  Everything is going pretty well in Kojokrom.  Everything is normal, I'm even surprised I've already been in Kojokrom for over a month.

Mom, that quote is true. (God does not call men to fail, but to succeed, and all missionaries should understand this fully.   -Ezra Taft Benson)  No effort is wasted in this work, and the Lord and his angels are always around us to buoy us up.

D&C 84:88 says:
"And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face.  I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

D&C 38:7 says:
"But behold, verily, verily, I say unto you that mine eyes are upon you.  I am in your midst and ye cannot see me;"

The Lord is aware of all of our struggles and hardships.  He has suffered everything and he knows perfectly how to succor us and lift us up.  You can't help but stay strong with that kind of support, right? ha.  And no matter what you may think, as long as you did what you were called to do, you were a success.  Whether that be in missionary work or any calling we receive.

Well, that's it for me this week, but October 1st will come almost instantaneously, ha ha.

Hold onto the iron rod,  keep the faith.

Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers...love from Ghana!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.