Monday, October 1, 2012

Hot Transfer News Is Coming...

Ha Ha!  Austin is too funny, I'm glad he likes the tie.  They mostly make the Kente cloth in a village in the Ashanti Region.  The Ashanti's and the Ewe's from the Volta Region both lay claims for it's origin.

Well, transfers are coming up in 2 weeks.  To be sincere, I hope I leave.  Really I just came out to Kojokrom as an emergency transfer to help clean things up because of a situation that took place, so I get the feeling that my stay is somehow temporary, and I'll have been here 2 months.  If not, my companion could leave, he's been here for a while now but I think he may train though.  Of course, I could stay and train again too.  We'll see.

Things are well, like I said, I'm looking forward to a change in companionship (transfers), that's been on my mind for a while now actually.  I know that whatever the Lord needs me to do, he will place me in that path. Everything that happens on mission is for our benefit, one way or the other.  11 new missionaries are coming, new areas are opening, and a new AP plus 4 new Zone Leaders will be called.  The transfer will be hot to say the least!

I've been studying the D&C a lot lately.  Since I'm giving an instruction at District Meeting tomorrow (with just a night's notice!), maybe I'll share some thoughts.  I've decided to instruct on Virtue, one of my favorite Christlike attributes.

D&C 25:2 states the Lords will, not only for Emma Smith, but for us as well.
"A revelation I give unto you concerning my will; and if thou art faithful and walk in the paths of virtue before me, I will preserve thy life, and thou shalt receive an inheritance in Zion."

What does the Lord want us to do?  To simply walk in the paths of virtue, which directly corresponds to our faith, if we are truly living the Gospel.

How can we walk in the paths of virtue?  A virtuous person is pure spiritually.  His thoughts are clean and as a result so are his deeds and actions.  Our thoughts have a direct effect on our actions.  Those that walk in the paths of virtue quickly repent of wrong doings and unclean thoughts.  They have truly taken the Savior's yoke upon them and learned of Him.

For in D&C 20:22 we learn about the Savior "He suffered temptations but gave no heed unto them"
The perfect example in all things showed us a key of virtue.  Whenever temptations come, and they surely will, simply "give them no heed."  Replace those thoughts and feelings with a favorite hymn or scripture.  Stay busy in righteous affairs, for an idle mind is the devil's workshop.

Just a small thought.

That year mark is fast approaching, it's true.  In my mind, the year has already come, ha.  What's 27 days? ha.

Not much else to say.  I miss the feel of Nkanfoa, it turns out I love the feel of a village.  Smaller, more personal, typically what I like in any setting, ha.  I really created real bonds of love and friendship with the people of Nkanfoa.  If I go to another village area, I'll actually be happy, ha ha.  10 months is too long to stay in any area though.

Well. talk to ya soon.  Stay classy!  Keep the faith!

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.