Monday, October 15, 2012

Real Control is Self Control...

I'm doing well.  I'm happy.  Transfers didn't affect me like I wanted, but nevertheless it's not my will that shall be done.  The Lord must be preparing me for something that requires a great deal of patience, meekness, and humility because I'm sure exercising a lot of it, ha.  But I know it's for the best and everyday when I look in "the mirror" I see less of myself and more of Him (the Savior).

Subsistence has been raised to 180 Cedi's.  That is so that more missionaries can buy meat, fruit, and vegetables.  It's good, but I've never been cheap when it comes to those things.  I eat what is good, and what I like, regardless of costs.  Your body is sacred.  The human "soul" consists of two parts.  The spirit and the BODY.  When we properly take care of our bodies, we receive more benefits spiritually then we would if we disregarded it.  I haven't fallen seriously sick my whole mission, and I know a large part of it is because I take care of my body the way I should.  The increase is a blessing for sure, though.

The biggest highlight of the week for me was Sunday.  We had 2 investigators come to church, and they are serious.  They should enter the waters in the next 2 weeks.  Pray for them.  Aside from that, everything has been the same.  I'm just exercising humility and accepting things the way they are.  The only real control is self control, and the wisest thing to do is to focus on the things you can control.  I can't force anyone to feel the way I do about certain things, but I still have to love them and look for the good inside them.  So it's all good, and I'm happy.

I didn't do anything for P-day today.  Simply "preparing."  All is well for me.

Have a fruitful week!  Talk to you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.