Monday, November 12, 2012

What A Week...

Tell me about it!  This transfer is already practically over.  We have a total of 17 planners and I'm about to start my 10th.  Talk about flying by, ha ha.

M's baptism was amazing!  It was really spiritual and I would count it as being one of my favorite baptismal services since I've been in Ghana.  He brought his wife and 2 children, and hopefully we can prepare them so that he can perform their baptism!

We'll be having B's baptism this coming Saturday, and he's another really powerful guy.  His faith is pretty impressive and I'm excited for Saturday to say the least!

Sadly, Alberta did not come to church Sunday.  She's received a witness, she's just not ready to act upon it, nevertheless, she will be a member one day I'm sure of that.  We had a total of 4 investigators in church, so even though she didn't come we still had a good showing.

Elder Holland's talk was stirring to say the least.  I felt the Spirit, very strongly, and there's no doubt about it, that man is an Apostle of the Lord!  I really enjoyed the talks from Elder Anderson and President Eyring as well.  I'll be reading and rereading those talks when I get the conference magazine, ha ha.

This week was a little bit crazy actually, ha ha.

It started off just a typical Wednesday morning, my companion and I were in the middle of our usual 20 minute walk to Kojokrom, when suddenly we notice a woman across the road making strange gestures and yelling in Fante.  Interested, we look down the road where we see a speeding pick-up truck sideswipe a motorcycle driver!  The motorcycle driver somehow managed to dismount the bike, which proceeded to continue rolling, all the way into a business area, destroying a wooden bridge used to enter a shop.  Naturally, it caused a rather large scene and the pick-up driver just kept going, not taking any responsibility  The man on the bike wasn't injured fortunately, I mean, it could have been a lot worse.

After such an event, one wouldn't expect the following: It was a typical Friday evening, we're walking on the road near the market when we hear a crashing sound.  Of course, the crowd gathers, so we run up to see what happened.  This time it was a moped that was the culprit, and the victim was a 7-8 year old girl.  She was running across the street and the driver hit her.  Again, God is great because she was relatively fine.  As fine as you can be in a situation like that.  They picked her up and carried her to the hospital.  I'm sure all is well, I hope so anyway.  I hate to see accidents like that.

Maybe that's why the week flew by so quickly, it was full of action!  I'm hoping for a more chill week this time around, ha ha.

Well, I think that is all for me.  Highlight of the week was definitely M's baptism.  The work is worth it in the end.

Glad to hear all is well back home and I pray it continues.  Take care, keep the faith!

Talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.