Monday, December 10, 2012

Teenagers Are A Pain!

I'm actually digging the whole DL thing a lot.  It's always good to be stretched a bit, you know?  It can be stressful, dealing with 20 year olds and having to solve their concerns, etc. but I'm loving it, and I know it's been given to me for a reason.  I will benefit from it in the future and it will help me to progress further than I previously thought possible.  It really is giving me the perspective of a parent in a sense.  Having to monitor these guys, growing worrisome of them, always running them through your mind, thinking about the decisions they make.  I've realized that teenagers are a pain, ha ha.  And I apologize, mom, for all the stress I put you through in the past, ha.

We had a district activity today, and it was decided that we would go to the beach and play a little soccer.  I announced the need to meet at a particular junction by 9:30 a.m. and of course that's exactly when some decided to start getting ready, so we were greatly delayed.  I appreciate punctuality now more than ever.  You know how magazines like Esquire (I miss that magazine, I will get a subscription, ha ha) and GQ always have lists of things every man should know and that every man should do?  Well, in my book, every man should be punctual!  Your word is everything and if you can't keep your commitments, you really aren't progressing into manhood very well are you? ha.  I hope that doesn't come off as harsh or anything, ha.

Along with that, oddly enough, this position gives me this desire to always be a Southern gentleman, ha.  I wish I had the accent to accompany the characteristics, ha ha!

M"s wife and son were baptized yesterday and it was oh so sweet!  It's the first family that I have baptized and they are just so special to me.  They are just the nicest, most caring people you could ever meet and they truly appreciate the Gospel.  Their little boys are precious as well.

It's been a good week, rewarding.  I feel so accomplished, ha.  I feel pretty regretful at the same time.  It's a shame I had no ambition back home, I've realized that.  Ambition is priceless.  I wasted a lot of time and opportunities and it's all due to an overall lack of ambition.  Just another benefit of the mission, I reckon.  Instilling some long overdue drive into my character.

I performed my first baptismal interviews and that was interesting, ha.  I got to be like the guy that interviewed you (mom) for your baptism.  It's had me reflecting back to my own interview as well, ha.

Of course, we held that baptism which is always a bit challenging.  It seems like every time there is a baptism, there is a convenient lack of water to fill the font.  Opposition in all things, right?  Nevertheless, by the grace of God, we managed to get it done!

As I said, we went to the beach and played some soccer.  Enjoyed some fresh coconuts, and I mean fresh, we even watched the man climb the tree and throw them down for us, ha ha.  I could never try that, those trees get TALL!  I really love coconuts, the water is so delicious.  It's funny because I use to hate them.  Everything I hated, I now love.  Funny how things change.

Honestly, I'm craving everything, ha!  But I'm craving an ideal rather than an actual food item.  In my mind, I'm in Charleston, South Carolina with a tall glass of lemonade with mint; I've got a plate full of slow cooked barbecued pork ribs and a beef brisket sandwich.  I devour that, and enjoy some cornbread on the side, possibly some homemade macaroni and cheese.  Ahhh, I just want everything, fried catfish, you name it.  I recently dressed and filleted a fish for the first time in my life just to curb one of these cravings.  It was successful I might add, ha.

Well, that's about all for me this week.  It was good and it was fast, ha.  I look forward to next week!

Bye, from Ghana!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.