Monday, January 7, 2013

Big Changes In The GCCM!

Bishop Parker!  That's just about the best news I've ever heard! ha ha.  That's so awesome!  I know Brother Ratcliff and Brother Burbidge, both are good guys.  Brother Burbidge actually introduced me to the Ghanaian snap handshake before I left and he was very right about it, ha.  It's true that lineup will be an easy adjustment for me when I return, it's comforting.

Well, there were some pretty big changes for us in the Ghana Cape Coast Mission as well.  To start, I'm being transferred...I'll be going to Winneba to be a Zone Leader for the Swedru Zone!  My companion will be staying behind in Kojokrom.  My new companion will be Elder M from Houston, Texas and I couldn't be happier!  He's a very sweet and humble guy, and we've been familiar with each other my whole mission (Elder D is his MT, and he trained Elder B, my MT).

So this Tuesday will be my last District Meeting and it will be a combined meeting, but I won't be conducting, the DL for Kweikuma District will.  I'll be leaving behind my boys, but I'll be acquiring an even larger batch...and sisters will be included! *add dramatic music for extra effect* (I'm told the sisters disturb a lot, with all of their demands, ha).

So, that is that, ha.  I'm very happy.

I'll leave you with this: The Prophet Joseph Smith taught that, "The principle of knowledge is the principle of salvation; and whosoever does not obtain knowledge sufficient to be saved will be condemned."

Keep up your studies, as you do, you will see how your understanding will continue to increase and flourish.

Until next week, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.