Monday, January 21, 2013

Hard Work and Rewards...

Oh, it has been a marvelous week!

The Lord's hand is completely in the work right now.  I'm just amazed, we are both amazed at how much the Lord has been blessing us.  As D&C 100:4 says, "Therefore, I, the Lord, have suffered you to come unto this place; for thus it was expedient in me for the salvation of souls." and D&C 31:5 "Therefore, thrust in your sickle with all your soul, and your sins are forgiven you, and you shall be laden with sheaves upon your back, for the laborer is worthy of his hire."  We are working hard and the Lord is rewarding us greatly for it.  We had 7 investigators at church this week...7!!!  It was awesome!  And they are all very serious, progressing investigators.  It's amazing how inspiration works.  A small handful have been seeing missionaries for a while and they weren't progressing, but now they are ready to be harvested and they are anxiously absorbing the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The greatest experience I've had this week had to do with following the promptings of the Spirit.  So, Elder Martin and I were on our way to an appointment, and while we were passing I saw a young man (he was 19) and had the prompting to speak to him.  But I shrugged it off because we were on our way to an appointment and he looked not at all that serious.  (See 1 Nephi 4 and see what happens to Nephi when he meets Laban).  We have a successful lesson and as we were passing back by I felt the prompting again (again, 1 Nephi 4) but this time I tell my companion we should stop and talk to the guy.  I strike up a conversation and we get to know him, then we introduce ourselves as missionaries.  It went well and we set up an appointment to see him again the next day.  We come back the next day and have our lesson and while we are teaching I felt impressed to invite him to a movie night we were having.  He indicated interest, and he actually came!  Then he came to Institute, then he came to church and he was there before we even were there!  He is such a sweet guy, and he was talking about praying to be baptized.  I'm in awe of him, and I'm so grateful I listened to the Spirit.  More importantly, I'm grateful that Elder Martin and I are able to have the Spirit between us at such a high capacity.  
The other 6 investigators that came are doing just as well and we'll be having baptisms on the 9th of February.

We got a call for the Elders in Odoben that they were out of water.  So we had to go out there (about an hour from Winneba) and solve the problem.  We ended up having to go to another city 30 minutes away to get a firetruck so that they could come and fill up the Elders well and polytank.  I stayed with one of the Elders and Elder Martin took his Ghanaian companion to get the truck.  After a while and a great deal of work, we were able to get the Elders water and bring joy back into their lives.  Being a Zone Leader is nice, if for nothing more than having a greater ability to serve others.

We had a District PEC (meeting with District Auxiliary's, like District President, Sunday School President, etc.).  We were able to discuss with them how to get the branches to help out the missionaries better and to hold meetings with the missionaries to best help the missionary work progress.  That was interesting, ha.  I felt like a small boy in a room of big men, ha.  We will have that meeting every month.

Of course we had interviews with President Shulz and that is always a pleasure.  I really do love President and Sister Shulz, they are wonderful people.

P is doing well, her and her daughter are coming to church.  The man is making amends now because his mother rebuked him something serious and they actually have a wedding date for next month.  She's been seeing Branch leaders and everything seems ok, so we are just going with the flow for now.  She is very happy every time we see her so I guess that is a good sign.

Well, I had a great, very busy, very fulfilling week, ha.  Talk to you next week!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.