Monday, February 18, 2013

We Are Branch Builders!

Transfers are coming up, it would have already happened if it was a normal 6 week instead of 8 week transfer.  Crazy how that's managed to happen; the next transfer will feel like 3 week at this rate, ha.

It's not that I have been unhealthy in what I eat, it's more a matter of HOW I've been eating.  Carbs, carbs, carbs; irregular eating patterns, etc.  Now that I eat proper portions, at proper times throughout the day I feel so much better.  I'm not fat, nor was I ever, but I wasn't doing as well as I could.  And now that I'm exercising etc. I feel better, which increases confidence and confidence looks good (not being arrogant).

Sister Shulz always stresses the need to drink water.  It really is a miracle drug so to speak.  I can't imagine not drinking around 2 liters of water every day.  In Ghana we would fall very ill if we didn't, but I hope to bring that habit home.  Exercise is good but a proper diet goes a lot further as far as results go.

At this point I am not sure between teaching and fashion.  Teaching is like my liahona right now guiding me to an idea of what I may want to do.  I really would love it.  But I'm sure when I'm schooling it will change.  I have come to the conclusion that after getting my AA I need to go and be with the saints.  It wouldn't be wise to subject myself to temptations, etc. that could arise on let's say a FAMU campus.  BYU-I sounds reasonable (it's relatively cheap),

Wednesday we had Zone Council (ZL's like to call it the jedi council, ha) and that was really inspiring and edifying.  We also had to report on the activities of the zones and branches, etc.  It's fun!  But we all ended up staying over night in different missionary apartments throughout Cape Coast (I stayed with Elder Holder!).  So, our DL's were responsible for bringing the Zone to Cape (we made travel arrangements, etc.) and everyone made it safe and sound with much time to spare.

Let me tell you, Elder Cook is a very sweet, humble servant of the Lord and he is truly and Apostle of the Lord.  He had no prepared text but he offered an inspiring speech on missionary work.  What touched me the most was this comment, "if you are only concerned with getting more baptism notches on your belt, you have missed the mark, you are here to establish the church!  You are to be 'branch builders' helping to increase the capacity of the branch in which you serve."  It made me and my companion realize where we could improve.  Establishing the church fully involves rescuing the lost, strengthening members, etc.  it was just a good experience.

As for the work, the highlight this week was...P came to church...with her partner (soon to be husband) and their two children!!!  They looked wonderful!  Full of joy, full of life.  V is really changing into a very wonderful man.  The gospel is wonderful, it truly changes nature.  President gave us a goal to baptize a family this trimester and to have that family refer us another family.  I think we've got our family!

We had 5 in attendance, but seeing P's family was really something else.  That's what it's all about, families.  Salvation (exaltation) is a family affair.

Well, that's about all for me this week.  Greet the ward for me!  Talk to you soon

/Take care and nourish the soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.