Monday, July 8, 2013

God Really Touches Hearts...

Ha ha,  it's possible we did send FL the rainy season because it is pretty dry here right now; it's just raining periodically, and mostly in the dead of the night.  I don't care what the weather will be like at home, as long as I'm on American soil! Ha ha.  Nothing will bring me down at that point, let alone a little rain, ha.

I've been thinking about our trip mom, and I would love to see the Redwoods in California, or anywhere in California for that matter.  I figure Cali will be one of the few places without an immense amount of snow.  I don't know what your thoughts would be?

Well, this week was miles better than the previous; we received transfer news, and my companion will be leaving to be the new AP and I'll be paired with Elder Glider, a new ZL coming from Swedru (I've been on splits with him).  It's been a great transfer, so I'm sad to see Elder Rasmussen leave, but he's still in my zone and he'll do well as an Assistant.

We've been working hard and are beginning to see the fruits of our labors.  Remember Nana the Queen Mother?  She called us up to her room while we were visiting members in the compound; we sat down and she said she had something to tell us, then she spurts out "God has talked to me and I will come to the church.  I won't mind anyone, not even my own children, to tell me what to do."  We were obviously ecstatic and informed her we would just need to finish the lessons, etc. before the baptism could take place.  It's amazing, God really touches hearts, He can do all things.  Previously her concern was her family, because her father was an Arch Bishop for the Anglican Church she felt she couldn't leave the church because of what people would say, especially being a Queen Mother.  Powerful experience, and of course a testimony builder, ha.  She still has a lot to learn but the future looks bright for her.

M didn't come to church, she's just not ready to commit yet.  It's a shame, this probationary period is short and uncertain, so we can't afford to procrastinate the day of our repentance.  She knows all of this, but that's the story of agency.  Her time will come though.

We had about 4 investigators in church, one a referral, the other also stays with Nana the Queen Mother.  I'm excited for the coming weeks, so Elder Glider and I will have a lot of fun for sure!

Since my companion is leaving, I'll be orchestrating the transfers all alone, so it's going to be intense but thrilling as well.  We have 16 new missionaries coming and most of the mission is shifting, so I'll be busy this whole of Wednesday getting missionaries where they need to be.  That's the fun of being a ZL for Cape Coast, ha.

I think that's the brunt of my week, ha.  I'm just hype about Nana, and some other investigators but I can't think of anything else to talk about.

I've been really focused on the repentance and the Atonement, I advise you to drink more deeply of those topics.  After all "all things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to the Atonement of Jesus Christ."

Well, it's been a treat but my time is sadly expended.  But we will talk again soon!

Zone Leader Council Meeting




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.