Monday, August 26, 2013

Déjà Vu!

Here in Ghana the culture is that you don't eat with your left hand, and since you generally eat with your hands for fufu, etc. you just kind of grab the soap bar, maneuver it in your palm a bit and then rinse, ha.  So I know how hard it is to wash only one hand, mom.  I look forward to those things I seriously took for granted.

Again, never give up on anyone.  You can only have light and truth around you for so long before it begins to become a part of you by mere association.  It is the same with us and our Heavenly Father, if we so live our life accordingly.
"The man who so walks in the light and wisdom and power of God, will at the last, by the very force of association, make the light and wisdom and power of God his own-weaving those bright rays into a chain divine, linking himself forever to God and God to him.  This is the sum of Messiah's mystic words, "Thou, Father, in me, and I in thee"--beyond this human greatness cannot achieve."

Well, sometimes the work is just a roller coaster ride of visible success and disappointment, and we've been experiencing more of the latter, ha.  Although Simon came to church, and Daniel came with his sister Mary and received the Aaronic Priesthood.  That was great, and I hope he can begin exercising that Priesthood in the service of the congregation.  I would always prefer to baptize one that is truly converted rather than a plethora that soon after apostatize.

I thought it wouldn't be so but these last two transfers are tough!  I can say I'm honestly trunky now.  I'm so ready to be home and to reunite with everyone, but I don't like feeling that way.  However, I must stay strong and valiant until the end.  Some powerful investigators will inspire me measurable though, ha.  I'm just dreaming of a delicious roast dinner, haha.

Right now we're just trying our best to find, find, and find some more.  By all means, someone is waiting for us to bring them restored truths.

I guess you could say the highlight of my week was:

1) Teaching with Daniel and him sharing his experience with the BOM and the church.  It was a beautiful testimony and I felt the Spirit.  It's funny, the language of the Spirit, no matter our mother tongue we can all understand it.  He bore that testimony in Fante (which I could make out) but the Spirit is exactly the same as if it was in pure English.  It was wonderful.  Without motivation that comes from the Holy Ghost, I don't know what any of us would do.

2)  Elder Glider had a dream recently.  He didn't remember the dream until the event occurred and he experienced a surge of deja vu.  But we were at a members compound and the person we were looking for wasn't there.  As we were leaving a sister named G was standing nearby; our intention was to greet and leave, but we began to discuss and I felt the need to stay and converse for longer than intended.  While doing so I asked of her non member husband and challenged her to invite him to take the discussions again (he has done so several times), she was clearly less that enthused at the prospect, but with encouragement she consented and we invited her to pray for his heart to be softened.  After reechoing the apartment later in the night my companion recounts his deja vu experience, and explains that what occurred at G's was exactly what occurred in his dream.  That was interesting to me and we felt the influence of the Spirit as we discussed it.  So Sunday we were able to meet the husband and he wasn't immediately convinced but he certainly felt the Spirit, and we pray he will complete his assignments to read and pray over the Book of Mormon.

It's funny how many people have negative views over that wonderful book. It baffles me, how people can make such blind assumptions and judgments concerning it.  I truly love the Book of Mormon, I know it to be true.  It makes you wish everyone could understand it, but unfortunately we all came down to mortality with different talents and capacities in various fields.  The greatest field being that of spirituality; the talent and capacity to recognize truth.  Some people truly cannot recognize truth as readily as others and it's sad, but only pre-existent choices are to blame.  What a humbling thought to know that YOU (mom) made marvelous choices, and were rewarded with those capacities that will serve you well throughout this probationary state.  I'm filled with gratitude every time I reflect on that.

That is all for me this week, talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.