Monday, September 23, 2013

Member Missionary Work...

Cool, haven't had Sisters in a while, it's a refreshing change I'm sure.

I concur, I feel like this transfer all of my e-mails have been filled with less than glad tidings, ha ha.  Fret not, any e-mail is a good e-mail to me.  I was especially looking forward to this p-day.  Just a chance to relax and unwind was greatly appreciated by yours truly, ha.

In the words of the Lord to Moroni, "if they have not charity it mattereth not unto thee, thou hast been faithful; wherefore, thy garments shall be made clean.  And because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong, even unto the sitting down in the place which I have prepared in the mansions of my Father."  Ether 12:37

Whatever the reasoning may be, everyone is accountable for their own actions, and it is not only required but a healing balm when we fully forgive.

Things aren't easier by any stretch of the imagination, but we're maintaining.  We felt impressed as of late to really press on the members to pull their weight in regards to missionary work.  So we've been going around and sharing the Brethren's views and statements on member missionary work, and challenging them to participate in various acts of missionary work; namely inviting someone to read a pamphlet and meet with us missionaries.  Of course these invitations should be dictated by the Spirit, but the lessons have been nice, and hopefully it will generate something in the ward.  It would be much easier if the people had the means to invite friends, etc. over for lunch or dinner, but since we lack that privilege we have to go about it in other ways.

With that being said, there was one great success we beheld.  Saturday evening we visited the Bishop's family and initiated this plan with them.  The Bishop's father is endowed but extremely inactive and has been for a long time.  But we finally met him, and treated him as if he was a typical active member and invited him to participate in the assignment like the rest of the family.  I don't know if that touched him, but I believe it did, as he came to church dressed in his Priesthood attire Sunday.  I, for one, wasn't expecting that.  But with one success a thousand failures are forgotten, and perhaps we helped bring one of our brothers back unto Christ.

I'm not sure if I will stay in Cape Coast or go, but as you know I will discover the answer to that riddle on Saturday.  I really would love to go, I feel it would help me end on a higher note, but nevertheless it is not my will that shall be done.  But I pray that my will and the Lord's may be in line with one another, ha.  But perhaps they will be in a way contrary to my personal preference.

Member missionary work is the way to go.  That is the way is should be done in our day.  I hope you are actively seeking someone to share the gospel with, or to invite to meet the missionaries.  All it takes is an invitation; if we desire it, and if we seek it, the Spirit will dictate to us opportunities to do so, and I know that those opportunities are all around us.  "Preach the gospel at all times, and if necessary use words, " St. Francis of Assisi.  People can see it when you are actively living and enjoying the fruits of the gospel.  The image of God will be engraved in our countenance, we will radiate the Spirit.

Not much to say aside from that, ha.  I'll talk to you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.